WINTER BIOLOGY FINAL: Question Preview (ID: 28261)

Below is a preview of the questions contained within the game titled WINTER BIOLOGY FINAL: Winter Biology Final 2015 .To play games using this data set, follow the directions below. Good luck and have fun. Enjoy! [print these questions]

Play games to reveal the correct answers. Click here to play a game and get the answers.

***Some birds live in close association with horses. These birds feed on insects that are parasites to horses. Which type of relationship between the horses and birds does this illustrate?
a) commensalism
b) mutualism
c) parasite
d) predation

***Which sequence shows increasing ecological levels of organization?
a) organism, population, community, ecosystem
b) ecosystem, population, organism, community
c) community, ecosystem, population, organism
d) population, organism, ecosystem, community

**A scientists tests different types of fertilizer to determine which would produce more flowers on a rose bush. Which hypothesis is the best choice?
a) If I want more flowers, then I should test different fertilizers.
b) What effect does amount of flowers have on different fertilizers?
c) What effect does different fertilizers have on number of rose flowers?
d) If I use different fertilizers, then my rose flowers will increase.

***In an ecosystem, which is the most likely reason for an increase in the producer population if there is an increase in the carnivore population?
a) fewer herbivores
b) higher temperatures
c) less food
d) more oxygen

***All of the members of a particular species that live in one area are called a
a) Biome
b) Population
c) Community
d) Ecosystem

***The combined portion of earth in which all living things exist is called the
a) Biome
b) Community
c) Ecosystem
d) Biosphere

***A snake that eats a frog that has eaten an insect that fed on a plant is a
a) First level (primary) producer
b) First level (primary) consumer
c) Second level (secondary) consumer
d) Third level (tertiary) consumer

***All of the interconnected feeding relationships in an ecosystem make up a food
a) Trough
b) Chain
c) Network
d) Web

***What animals eat both producers and consumers?
a) Herbivores
b) Omnivores
c) Autotrophs
d) Producers

***An interaction in which one organism hunts, captures, and feeds on another organism is called
a) Competition
b) Symbiosis
c) Mutualism
d) Predation

***An organism that uses energy to produce its own food supply from inorganic compounds is called
a) Heterotroph
b) Consumer
c) Detritivore
d) Autotroph

***Each of the following is an abiotic factor in the environment except
a) plants
b) soil
c) rainfall
d) temperature

***The simplest grouping of more than one kind of organism in the biosphere is called
a) A population
b) A community
c) An ecosystem
d) An organism

***The lowest level of environmental complexity that includes biotic and abiotic factors is the
a) biome
b) community
c) ecosystem
d) biosphere

***An organism's niche is
a) the way it uses the range of physical and biological conditions where it lives
b) all the physical and biological factors that the organism needs
c) the range of temperatures that the organism needs to survive
d) a full description of the place an organism lives

***Only 10% of the energy stored in an organism can be passed on to the next trophic level. Of the remaining 90% of energy, some is used for life's processes and the rest is
a) used in reproduction
b) stored as body tissue
c) stored as fat
d) eliminated as body heat

***Which is true regarding the organization of an ecosystem?
a) Communities make up organisms; which make up populations
b) Populations make up organisms; which make up communities
c) Organisms make up communities; which make up populations
d) Organisms make up populations; which make up communities

***An organism that cannot make its own food is called
a) a consumer autotroph
b) a producer autotroph
c) a consumer heterotroph
d) a producer heterothoph

***A symbiotic relationship in which one organism benefits and the other is harmed is known as
a) predation
b) mutualism
c) commesalism
d) parasite

*****The three particles that make an atom are
a) protons, neutrons and isotopes
b) neutrons, isotopes and electrons
c) positives, negatives, and electrons
d) protons, neutrons and electrons

Play Games with the Questions above at
To play games using the questions from the data set above, visit and enter game ID number: 28261 in the upper right hand corner at or simply click on the link above this text.

Log In
| Sign Up / Register