Earth's Water: Question Preview (ID: 18992)


Below is a preview of the questions contained within the game titled EARTH'S WATER: 8.E.1.1 .To play games using this data set, follow the directions below. Good luck and have fun. Enjoy! [print these questions]


Play games to reveal the correct answers. Click here to play a game and get the answers.

_______is made up of all the water found on above and under Earth's surface.
a) Biosphere b) Atmosphere c) Hydrosphere d) Lithosphere
Which best describes the characteristics of a river basin?
a) the land drained by a river and its tributaries b) the land formed when rivers create estuaries and marshes c) the land at the mouth of a river where water flows into the ocean d) the land formed as a result of a river flooding
Water located below Earth's surface.
a) iceberg b) lake c) river d) groundwater
Which statement about Earth's water is correct?
a) Only 1% of Earth's water is freshwater, and it is found mostly in aquifers. b) Almost 97% of Earth's water is freshwater, and it is found mostly in large lakes. c) About 50% of Earths water is saltwater, and it is found in the ocean. d) Only 3% of Earth's water is freshwater, and it is found mostly in polar ice caps.
Why is water from an aquifer more likely to be cleaner than water from other sources?
a) because it forms where fresh and salt water meet b) because it receives water directly from precipitation c) because it rises to the surface near the ocean d) because pollutants are filtered by rock and soil deep within Earth
Which of these contains most of Earth's water?
a) oceans b) rivers c) lakes d) glaciers
Where is most of the freshwater on Earth located?
a) in the oceans b) in polar ice and glaciers c) in rivers, streams, and lakes d) under the ground
A rock layer that collects and stores water is called
a) an estuary. b) a glacier. c) an aquifer. d) a hydrosphere
An area of land that drains into a river or lake is called
a) an ecosystem b) a wetland. c) a habitat. d) a watershed.
Pamlico Sound is an estuary because
a) an area fed by several rivers. b) an area that many watersheds drain into. c) an area that is protected by land on both sides. d) an area where freshwater mixes with salt water.
Which best explains why so little of the water on Earth is available for human use?
a) 97% of total water on Earth is freshwater, and most of the remaining 3% is salt water in the ocean basins. b) 97% of total water on Earth is salt water, and most of the remaining 3% is freshwater frozen in ice caps and glaciers. c) 97% of total water on Earth is freshwater, and most of the remaining 3% is salt water found in aquifers d) 97% of total water on Earth is salt water, and most of the remaining 3% is freshwater found in lakes rivers and ponds.
Play Games with the Questions above at ReviewGameZone.com
To play games using the questions from the data set above, visit ReviewGameZone.com and enter game ID number: 18992 in the upper right hand corner at ReviewGameZone.com or simply click on the link above this text.

TEACHERS / EDUCATORS
Log In
| Sign Up / Register