Review Game Zone
Carrissa Donnelly - Brain Game For Final Pt 1
Test Description: Acquired Disorders
Instructions: Answer all questions to get your test result.
1) What does CVA stand for?
Cerebral Vascular Accident
2) If someone is having an embolism, what kind of stroke are they having?
3) What is an example of a risk factor for stroke that you have no control over?
Age, race, gender, diabetes mellitus, prior/family history of stroke
4) Why can you not see an occlusive stroke on a CAT scan right away?
CAT scans only show necrotic areas and brain tissue takes awhile to die
5) Why is it important to do a CAT scan before giving tPA or other anticoagulants?
Must rule out a hemorrhagic stroke first because they thin the blood
6) Who decides whether a craniotomy needs to be performed when someone is having a hemorrhagic stroke??
7) Aphasia effects what modalities of language?
ALL of them
8) Expressive aphasia generally results in what kind of speech?
9) A person with expressive aphasia might experience hemiparesis on what side of their body?
10) Why may patients with expressive aphasia become frustrated and have catastrophic reactions?
Word finding problems
11) What physical signs would you expect to see in a patient with receptive aphasia?
12) Output for patients with receptive aphasia is usually fluent but what?
13) Why don't patients with receptive aphasia generally try to self-monitor when speaking?
They can't understand themsevles
14) What 3 problems are common to all aphasias?
Comprehension problems , word finding problems, and paraphasias
15) What are the 4 modalities that an aphasia assessment must examine?
Auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading comprehension, written/graphic expression
16) What is the main goal of rehabilitative therapy?
Fix the aphasia
17) What are we teaching to do in compensatory therapy?
Compensate for the aphasia
18) What should you never say to a patient? (Unless it is really true)
I know how you feel
19) What physical signs would you expect to see in a person with RCVA?
Left side paralysis
20) Patients with what symptom of RCVA may be a danger to themselves because they are unable to perceive their own deficits?
*select an answer for all questions
Check Results & Get Answers
Play Games with the Questions Above
Teachers: Create FREE classroom games with your questions
Click for more info!
WAIT! Find what you needed?
Still Looking for the Answers?
Have Another Question?
Play a Review Game with These Questions?
Want to Make Your Own Test Like This One?
No Thanks, I got what I needed!