Review Game Zone
Layers Of The Earth
Test Description: Big Idea 4 Week 1
Instructions: Answer all questions to get your test result.
1) What three observations led geologists to believe that the continents were all joined at one point?
Same soil across the different continents
Fossil remains that matched, continents fit together like a puzzle and mountains that matched up
2) What was Alfred Wegener's Hypothesis about the continents.
The continents moved quickly and in short bursts to where they are today
Over a very long time the continents moved to where they are today
3) What is the processes that keeps the age of ocean floor rock from going over 200 years old?
4) What is seafloor spreading?
Continents moved to wehre they are today and created many different large landmasses that eventually broke up
Old rock sinks into ocean trenches and is replaced by lava that cools and forms newer rock
5) What landmass was formed when all of the continents were together?
6) Which layer of the earth is made of liquid?
7) When a continental plate and an oceanic plate converge which one gets subducted?
The oceanic crust gets subducted by the continental crust
The continental crust gets subducted
8) What happens when two continental crust pieces hit each other?
They create a mountain
One gets subducted under the other
9) What is fracture mean?
sand and other small particles
To break apart
10) What is sediment?
sand and small rock
to break into pieces
*select an answer for all questions
Check Results & Get Answers
Play Games with the Questions Above
Teachers: Create FREE classroom games with your questions
Click for more info!
WAIT! Find what you needed?
Still Looking for the Answers?
Have Another Question?
Play a Review Game with These Questions?
Want to Make Your Own Test Like This One?
No Thanks, I got what I needed!