Review Game Zone
Ancient Egypt: Making Mummies
Test Description: Reading compehension
Instructions: Answer all questions to get your test result.
1) Which part of the mummy did the Egyptians think was most important?
2) What happens when embalmers cover a body with salt.
The body turns white.
The body dries out.
The body becomes soft.
3) It can be inferred from the passage that
Usually only special people like pharaohs were mummified.
Ancient Egyptians did not think that people had an afterlife.
Ancient Egyptians thought the brain was the most important organ.
4) Mummification is a word for describing what process?
5) This passage is mainly about
What is inside the Egyptian pyramids.
The long, careful process of mummification.
The different kind of coffins used in Ancient Egypt.
6) Why were objects placed in the tomb with the mummy?
So the mummy could use them in the afterlife.
People did not place objects in the tomb.
Because people wanted to get rid of them.
7) What is an embalmer?
A type of lotion.
A person who preserves dead bodies.
A type of mummy.
8) What is the author's purpose of this text?
9) How long did mummification take to complete?
10) True or false: Mummification was a very careful process.
*select an answer for all questions
Check Results & Get Answers
Play Games with the Questions Above
Teachers: Create FREE classroom games with your questions
Click for more info!
WAIT! Find what you needed?
Still Looking for the Answers?
Have Another Question?
Play a Review Game with These Questions?
Want to Make Your Own Test Like This One?
No Thanks, I got what I needed!