Review Game Zone
Connotation And Denotation
Test Description: Choose words based on their connotations.
Instructions: Answer all questions to get your test result.
1) “The sooner we move out of this (home, dump),” said Jack, “the happier I’ll be.”
2) It was a beautiful spring day, and the (stench, scent) of apple blossoms filled the whole yard.
3) I hope I don’t have to share an office with Janice. Sandra told me how (curious, nosy) she can be.
4) I love going camping and getting in touch with nature. The woods are filled with so much (vermin, animal life).
5) What makes Jim such an excellent storyteller is his knack for (invention, lying).
6) I have a lot of respect for Jenny’s father. He’s rather (reserved, antisocial) and dignified.
7) Can you please ask the new saleswoman not to be so (enthusiastic, pushy)? She is scaring away the customers.
8) My brother can’t stand his mother-in-law. She’s practically a millionaire, but she’s about as (thrifty, cheap) as a person can get.
9) Will you please turn your stereo off? I can’t concentrate with all that (sound, noise)
10) I love traveling to other countries and enjoying the (exotic, strange) food.
*select an answer for all questions
Check Results & Get Answers
Play Games with the Questions Above
Teachers: Create FREE classroom games with your questions
Click for more info!
WAIT! Find what you needed?
Still Looking for the Answers?
Have Another Question?
Play a Review Game with These Questions?
Want to Make Your Own Test Like This One?
No Thanks, I got what I needed!