Review Game Zone
Unit 4 Lesson 1 Classification Of Living Things - PART 1
Test Description: Classifying living things gives us a better understanding of their similarities and differences.
Instructions: Answer all questions to get your test result.
1) the placing of things into groups of similar items
2) One the largest groups used to classify things are _____.
3) A/An _____ is a main group within in kingdom, whose members share a main characteristic.
4) The ability to mate and reproduce more of their own kind is shared by all members of a _____.
5) The _____ is the two-word term for a living thing, based on its classification.
scientific name and binomial nomenclature
6) Each living thing has a scientific name based on its _____.
genus and species
phylum and species
7) Which is the correct way to write the scientific name for the common house cat?
8) Wolves and dogs belong to the same genus. Which other levels do they share?
kingdom, phylum, class, order, family
9) If a new organism were discovered, which of the following would most likely be used to classify it into the appropriate kingdom?
the organism's body plan/structure and chemical characteristics
the color of the organism
the location of where the organism was found
the organism's natural habitat
10) Domains are divided into kingdoms.
*select an answer for all questions
Check Results & Get Answers
Play Games with the Questions Above
Teachers: Create FREE classroom games with your questions
Click for more info!
WAIT! Find what you needed?
Still Looking for the Answers?
Have Another Question?
Play a Review Game with These Questions?
Want to Make Your Own Test Like This One?
No Thanks, I got what I needed!